From the prime of the beast our sirloin roasts make a perfect joint for something a little more special. With a coating of fat to naturally baste the meat whilst cooking, this cut is full of flavour and as a prime cut it can be served beautifully pink without comprimising its tenderness.
- Preheat a couple of tablespoons of vegetable oil or beef fat in a metal roasting tin in the oven for 5 - 10 minutes. Season the beef with Sea Salt & freshly ground Black Pepper.
- Remove from the oven and place on the hob. Add the beef fat side down and cook for a few minutes to render the fat down a little.
- Turn the beef to ensure that all sides are sealed.
The beef is now ready to roast. We recommend your oven to be at 200c, Gas mark 6, (180c fan ovens). Please note this is a guide and appliances may vary.
- To cook Medium Rare (10-15 minutes per 450g)
- To cook Medium (15-20 minutes per 450g)
- To cook Medium Well (20-25 minutes per 450g)
- To cook Well Done (25-30 minutes per 450g)
Turn the joint over half way through cooking for an even roast. Remove from the oven after your preferred cooking time and allow to rest in a warm place, under loosely covered foil for around 15 minutes.
Carve into slices of your desired thickness and serve.
Minimum 5 Days